Sunday 7 July 2013

Friendly team tournament - Game 1

Here you see my first game in the friendly team tournament on Saturday. It was against Tetsuaki Suehiro, 3 Dan. I added some comments given by Ting-sensei.
An interesting thing she said was that amateurs should think about every opponents move as a mistake first and try to punish it. I played to compliant in this game and should have tried to disturb my opponent more. In the end I lost by around 15 points.

PS: I was wondering how much of you are interested at all in seeing my own games?

4 comments:

  1. I think watching the games you posted never hurts, especially since they also include comments from pros :-)

    I am also very interested in what you guys do outside of the Go camp (food, sightseeing, etc). Or do you really study Go all day long? 24/7? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we go to other places for playing Go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,

    I think it's good to post your own games as well. They are interesting, and even for stronger players than us, they can still benefit from the Pro comments.

    Regards,
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your games with pro comments are fantastic! A new concept for me this time around is the idea to treat your opponent's move as a mistake and always try to punish it. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete